Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's all about me

Yup, that's it!

Just kidding, I sound so vain don't I!

But seriously, if you're reading my blog, wouldn't you want to know a little bit (or a lot, as I am capable of writing a novel... hehe) about the person who wrote it? Well, like it or not, that's what I'm here to do today. :)

Let's start with the basics. I'm from a small town in New England... population, roughly 700-800 people. Our K-8 Elementary School has roughly 80 kids, that should put some perspective on it. I come from a family of 8 children. I have 4 older brothers, 2 younger brothers, and one younger sister. My three oldest brothers are US Marines. I went to a local, private (Episcopalian, and NO I'm not Episcopalian, but it was a good school and both my parents and I were willing to deal with that aspect in order to gain a good education. For the record, probably about 25% of the students at this school are in fact, practicing Episcopalians.) boarding high school, where my dad is the postmaster, therefore we got an extremely good discount. [My parents didn't pay for my schooling there though, my grandparents did. ] From there, I decided I wanted more for my life, and decided through much prayer and thought that I would attend college in Boston. I'd also always been passionate about kids, and was fairly good and passionate about tutoring, so there you go.

I am not from a wealthy family, by any means at all. My father is a working class man, who has worked hard to provide for our family. We live pretty meagerly, only the basics and just about nothing more! Haha, but in all seriousness, material objects have never been all that important to us. The focus was more on family and God. I suppose one would say that my religious background is Baptist Christian, but not Southern Baptist obviously, although I'm not sure what the distinction is there. I believe what I'm told in my church and have accepted Christ as my Savior, long ago.

Enough about all that, I'm sure I could go on and bore you with the details of all of that, but I won't because I'm probably lucky if anyone is still reading this :)

Now to the more "personal" things. I am 18, I enjoy reading, music, and movies, as well as TV. I have a serious shoe and handbag fetish, it's almost embarassing, and I enjoy standing out from the crowd. I LOVE wearing bright colors, or if the time is right, being festive! I love accessories, and taking a current trend and making it all mine! :) [Individualizing it, that is.] I dress modestly, because I believe that it's what's not seen that can hold someone's attention. I wear a purity ring on my left ring finger. I'm saving that for my future husband, whoever he is, to take off. I am fortunate to share a close bond with my grandmother, and her husband, they are the only living grandparents I have left. Obviously I read Mckmama's blog EVERY day, sometimes checking back 3 or 4 times to see what's new. I enjoy reading about the way other people live their lives, different cultures, and religions. There's a lot more to me, but I'll leave that for another time.

Oh, WAIT! I forgot perhaps one of the MOST stereotypical teenage girl things about me! I am completely smitten with the Twilight Saga and almost anything to do with it. Sometimes I envy Bella because she found such a real love so young, and almost doesn't need anything else to make her happy. But trust me, I can SO easily draw the line between real life and fiction. But I do, in fact, sometimes wish the characters were real... as crazy as that sounds. :)

OK! Whew.... told you I could be long-winded. Off to do something else now, whatever that may be! Perhaps I'll watch a movie, however for now, I'm content listening to the BEAUTIFUL New Moon score by Alexandre Desplat. I love instrumental pieces :)

TTFN! [as Tigger would say]

No comments:

Post a Comment