Thursday, December 31, 2009

Photo Edits part II

Call me crazy... I'm at it again!

I can't help it! It's my newest addiction... editing photos, that is!

I'm constantly looking through my thousands of photos on my computer to find something that I can make beautiful! Granted, most of those pictures are either from movies, such as Twilight [which I believe I may have referred to in one of my last posts...] or pictures of me. Because let's face it, I'm vain!

Just kidding... ok so maybe I'm not kidding. That's one of my biggest flaws. BUT in my defense: I LOVE taking photos, and often have a lack of things to photograph. So my favorite subject? Me of course! Somehow that doesn't take away from how much I love photography!

Now I do NOT have a good camera, barely a decent one, and even that's a stretch. I have a puny Nikon something or other that I bought three years ago when I was DESPERATE to have a digital camera! Earlier that year, my mom had gotten a Canon PowerShot for Mother's Day, and boy was I green with envy. When she got it, I used it more than she did... to say the least. So I bought my own camera, on sale at my local, beloved Wal-Mart for roughly 100 dollars. And let me tell you, I LOVED having it! Now, it's more of a pain to have it... I told my mom last night, I know what I want for my 19th birthday! [Granted, that's about 8 months away :-P] She responded, WHAT?!?! as she impatiently half-rolled her eyes at me, as she does every time I have a new obsession... I told her excitedly, WHATEVER KIND OF CAMERA AND LENS MCKMAMA USES! HER PHOTOS ARE GREAT!

So, there you have it, my obsession. So here are a few things I enjoy about the December Holiday season...



I LOVE the colors in this one.. and I love my Grandmother's Martha Stewart-like ways.



And her adorable fiber-optic snowman... I'm telling you, she's amazing.




And her adorable Santa door-stopper... thingy.. hehe.

So there you have it.... my three favorite Christmas decorations in my grandma's house. If she wasn't getting up there in age, I would have to encourage her to start an interior design business! =]




No comments:

Post a Comment