Thursday, January 7, 2010

I feel bad...

That I neglected to follow up my happy post last night.

I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone... which I doubt since this blog seems to be read by no one... but that's okay with me because this helps me in my every day struggles.

So back to the last post:

Lately I've been down about what's been going on in my life. I feel a certain distance from my high school friends that are still in high school. I can't say that none of it is/was my fault. I obviously have neglected to keep in touch with them on a regular basis, and that is because of my being lazy. I don't deny that, and I think that's what was making me so unhappy. I was unhappy with my efforts to stay friends with them. And trust me, I DO NOT want to lose two people specifically. They have been there for me through thick and thin, and have been people I can always rely on.

So yesterday I had a lunch date with (to be honest, this person, I would rather continue to be close with because we are closer and she and I have been through so much together) Sprinkle* to catch up, being that we hadn't seen each other since September. And well, we ate rather quickly, so we dropped by Cupcake's* house and visited. Oh boy, it was just like old times. I was so happy to finally belong somewhere again. It was something that I had been waiting for for a long time. I missed them so much, and we were just rolling off of each others jokes.

* Name changed to protect identity. =P

It was awesome, and such a HUGE self-esteem booster. It was perfect, it confirmed that I wasn't losing them to distance, and it made me realize that I need to make more of an effort to keep them around.

So there you have it... a little late... but better late than never? I hope.

Today I got my teeth cleaned at the dentist then hung out at home, and went to my younger brothers' basketball game. Not a very productive day, but relaxing.

And if anyone reads this... don't be afraid to comment! It would certainly make me feel as though my efforts were not for nothing. (Okay, that does NOT sound grammatically correct...)

Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment