Saturday, May 1, 2010

So what exactly was I trying to say?

Remember that post not too long ago with a gorgeous picture of a beach? I do.



How could I forget this beauty?



Seriously one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.



Welcome to La Jolla (Hoy-ya) Cove in gorgeous San Diego California.
I went here last summer on a roughly two week visit to see my brother and his wife last August.
They bought me plane tickets to come see them and spend my birthday as well as my brother's birthday in Cali.




Earlier in the day my sister-in-law and I had gone shopping (first time for both of us taking a city bus!) And my brother called from base (He's a Marine stationed at MCAS Miramar in San Diego.) and suggested that we go to La Jolla Cove when he got out of work and then go have dinner at Outback Steakhouse. The next day (August 26th) was his birthday and we had planned to go to Sea World.



This is my second oldest brother B. (Shhh don't tell, but he's my favorite out of all 6!)



And his lovely wife A from Thailand!




And of course me!



And the beauty of the sun setting in California!



The waves crashed, and we explored. Jumped in the water and played around for a while.



And I took pictures of them standing on rocks hugging. 'Twas a blast! =P



And alas the sun began to set... eventually. At which point we ran back to the car, got lost in a maze of small beach-town roads and eventually made it to Outback and devoured our weight in yummy steak sandwiches. Ok so maybe that last part was only me, BUT it was awesome. I don't think my California experience would have been the same without this.



And due to all the fun we had at the Cove



And other places in the area,



And the fact that I love my dear A&B of course, I have decided



That whatever it takes, this is where I'll be spending June to August this summer. Yup! Moving to the West Coast will be an amazing experience and a welcome change from my windy New England home.



And I don't think I could be any happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment