Friday, July 2, 2010

I feel awful...

Well, emotionally. I've neglected to blog at alllllll in the 4 weeks (almost) that I've been in California. And I'm disappointed in myself for that because I've had all the time in the world. Since it's 12:23 AM here, and I just spent a very long day off away from the house I'll keep this one a brief update, no pics, and try to pick up somewhere near where I left off tonight, in the morning/afternoon/evening/whenever I get the chance tomorrow.

For now, the important things are the following:
~I got a job.
~B leaves for a 4 month deployment on July 7th :(
~ A and I have been having an amazing time together, it's so nice to have an older sister to talk to and look up to.
~I've lost about 7 lbs.
~I've been working out with A&B in the "SemperFit" gym that the Marine Corps has on base at least once a week, and the other night I ran 1.5 miles, biked 4 miles, and did 150 leg presses of 180 lbs.
~I will achieve my goal of being physically fit enough to not make someone nauseous when they see me in a bikini.
~I am on my way to a more mature, more grown-up style of dress.
~I get paid way too little for the amount of hours I work and the amount of effort I put in, but such is life.
~I've decided I don't really like the iPhone 4 nearly as much as I like the iPhone 3GS and am slightly irritated that I won't be able to buy a 3GS when I finally save enough money to treat myself to the phone I've been coveting (how awful is that word?) for about 2 1/2 years....
~I survived babysittting 5 girls under the age of 10.
~I went to the beach on the first official day of summer.
~I have been exhausted but full of glee, cheer, happiness, euphoria, and a sense of belonging ever since I got here, and I hope it never goes away.
~I realized that God has blessed me in ways I cannot even begin to fathom, explain, put into words or otherwise. His grace astounds me.
~I miss my friends from school and have made a forceful decision for the group, that we will spend our Spring Break 2011 here.

The end. For now. I'll try to be back tomorrow to write about some specific things that I've done and had fun doing while I've been here, and I hope to be able to keep coming back often, even though I have a feeling that this is going to be one super busy, super fun summer. Like I said, I am blessed in ways I am only beginning to fathom. I hope everyone else is having as a great of a summer as I am.
G'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment