Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It has been far far far too long...

And for that I am extremely sorry. To me. I guess. Since I'm the only one who appears to be reading this. My own blog. How sad.

Also to be fair, my computer crashed a week ago today and JUST got repaired on Sunday. SO, that was also preventing me from getting another post up. I lost a lot of files. Over 1,000 songs on iTunes, and about 50 photos. But it's gravy.

Okay, enough self-pity. On to my California Adventures! I promised. And I am a woman of my word. So I'm going to blog about my summer so far.

B left for Africa 2 weeks ago this Thursday. And he got to stop in some cool places on his way there! I'm very jealous. He got to go to Venice and Portugal. That was his SECOND time in Venice! But he had fun on his way there, and now it's down to business.

A week before B left for Africa we went to Los Angeles and Hollywood for the day!




We parked in Thai Town, went to a great Thai restaraunt.

(^^ B&A being silly in the Subway^^)



Took the subway to North Hollywood.














Went to the Walk of Fame.



And Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum!




I "met" Robert Pattinson!



And got close to Justin Timberlake!



I had "Breakfast At Tiffany's!"



And the bathroom doors were labeled!



And we saw RPatz's chair!



And MJ lives on! YAY!




On our way out, I saw my favorite boutique to drool over.

All in all it was a really great day. On the way home we stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, but I wasn't all that impressed. The service was horrible and the food was nothing special. Plus it was really expensive!

In other news, some other cool things that have happened to me this summer....

My sister-in-law, the gorgeous A...




Lent me her Louis Vuitton Speedy!

I have wanted one of these since I turned 15 and first learned what Louis Vuitton was. And let me tell you. Some day when I have a real career, I will be saving to buy myself one. I LOVE IT! The shape, the way it looks, the way it looks when you wear it, and just everything!!!

Also,



Before B left, we frequented the gym!

And I've lost about 10 lbs since I got here! I need to get back on the bandwagon, but it's not easy when I can't go on the Marine Corps Base without A) a ride from A and B) A's military ID. She has taken this deployment really well so far, but she still has wanted to mostly stay at home in her room since B has left. So the gym hasn't really been one of her top priorities. I hope to continue keeping fit, and have decided to go for a jog tomorrow. My new fitness goal is to get toned and to be and feel really healthy, fit, and in shape.

I saw Eclipse in IMAX at work. FOR FREE. And it was amazing. I swear to you that they get better and better with each movie. And Eclipse was probably my least favorite of the books. Now I will probably go see it again tomorrow before my shift because it was THAT GOOD. And the soundtrack is GREAT (not that I'm surprised. They always pick GREAT music for these movies.)

Well that's all for now... in all honesty, my summer has mostly been seeing A's Thai friends, working, watching all 5 seasons of The Office on instant Netflix, being lazy, and fixing a crashed computer.

Hope your summer is splendid as well!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment