Sunday, August 22, 2010

Trying something new with my hair is...

exciting! Or at least I think so...

So last night out of boredom, I decided to try something new with my hair, due to the recent purchase of a curling iron.

One day while browsing YouTube I stumbled upon a "beauty blogger" (if you will) named Elle Fowler. Maybe you have heard of her, maybe not. But she's in her early 20s and has a blog that can be found here. So I was watching one of her videos (which can be found here) called "How To: Beachy Summer Waves"

Last night I decided, what they hey, I'll try it.... about a half hour later... this is what I looked like:



Although it isn't the greatest picture, you get the idea.

In case any of you are interested, I used the heat protectant I mentioned in my "bargain" post... you can find it here. Basically I took the upper section of my hair and pinned it up with a clip. Then I took small sections (between 1 and 2 inches each) sprayed them with the heat protectant and followed Elle's instructions. And when I awoke this morning... It was still perfectly intact. Or slightly looser but still gorgeous. Well worth the 30 minutes. Wouldn't you agree? Make sure to hop on over to Elle's blog or Youtube channel if make up or hair or any other beauty related thing interests you. =]






No comments:

Post a Comment