Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Lazy Sunday? And Other Random Thoughts...

I would hardly say that today was a lazy Sunday in the grand scheme of things. I had piles of homework (more or less) and a meeting to attend, as well as recovery from a stressful yet super fun evening last night. In addition, it is FREEZING here in Beantown, and already dark at 5:30 pm. I don't know that I'm ready for months and months of winter just yet.

In other news, Charlie St. Cloud comes out on DVD Tuesday! I love that movie! And Zac Efron of course...




Ever so delicious.

In other random thinking... I don't believe I have shared my complete hatred and disdain for Miley Cyrus with you all just yet. And clearly, it is time to share!

So it wasn't too bad, back in the day... when Miley was on Hannah and Hannah was a cute show! I'm not gonna lie, it was like every other Disney show to me, and I liked it. Then as time went on Miley got a little out of control. She was dressing a little more edgy, something that people older than her should be wearing, etc. I do respect that she had the guts to wear all black at times, and be somewhat daring with her fashion choices, but now the problem has gotten worse, and she takes it too far. She is only seventeen and she wears things that I would not even consider at nineteen. It's disgusting, classless, and whore-like. I'm very sorry I have to use that word, but it's the truth. How do you want to be seen? As an adult? Well that is exactly the opposite of the way you are being viewed! I don't understand why girls (specifically) our age (or my age... age group... you get the picture) feel the need to act like they are older than they are, but more than that why they feel as though they need to break the rules to look more adult... as seen in the picture below.




YES. That is a beer in seventeen year old DISNEY PRINCESS Miley Cyrus' hand. I know that seventeen year olds all across the country drink day in and day out, but it would appear in this photo that Miley is in a public place. I also feel the need to mention that she is a role model for young girls in her Disney fan base, little girls like my eight year old sister. And she is always in the public eye. I just don't understand how she could forget about her fans and her profession. I never have and never will buy any of Miley's music or movies. I just don't understand her need to validate herself through acting like an immature idiot. She obviously has a lot of insecurities. And yet another thing is that her parents profess to be Christians and yet they are letting this happen. I could go on forever talking about this, but I won't.

In other news... I've had a Tumblr account for about a year now, and haven't really done much with it, but I recently made it over and am using it as a shorthand blog and a place to post pictures, quotes, and inspirations. I still however, need a name for it, so if you have any creative ideas at all, leave your suggestions in the comments!

That's all for now. I'll be sure to check back in tomorrow and say hello!

Peace, ♥ , and happiness!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...I love me some Zac Efron :)

    As for Miley Cyrus. One word: RIDICULOUS. Totally uncalled for. She should take a page from Selena Gomez's book...just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete