Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sometimes you think you have things all planned out.

And then you realize that God has something else in mind (well in my case, in yours it may be whatever higher power or karmic force you believe in.)

Not all that much backstory is needed for this one... hahaha (I'm hysterically laughing over here because we all know that this is me, and there is always a backstory for everything regardless of whether or not one is at all necessary.)

When I left San Diego this summer, I started making plans to head back there for E's boot camp graduation in December. Due to finals and other exams, this couldn't happen, and I had this figured out about halfway through September. As soon as I found this out, I started making plans to head back in January for Winter Break to visit, but that soon fizzled out as well. Right after that, I started making plans to go for Spring Break with 2 of my friends.

Recently they both bailed due to a lack of funds, and I invited my grandmother and her friend to join me (you should know I love my grandma very much and we're like best friends. Her friend is a riot and we would have had a great time,) as this would be the next best thing. In addition to wanting her company, I had figured she would pay for my plane tickets as well, since we would be booking together. I had pretty much banked on her coming with me, and spent my money as if I didn't really need to save it for anything.

Yesterday I called my grandma to see if she was set on going still or if she had changed her mind, as Spring Break is only about a month away and we needed to get rolling on booking flights. She then tells me that neither she nor her friend are coming. This is firstly because her friend didn't want to take a full week off work, which I understand. So then I asked why she didn't just come with me, and her response was that she didn't want to go alone with me. (Why, you may ask, and to that my answer would be, I have no idea.) She said that instead, in April, the two of them are taking a long weekend to Bermuda. Yay for me, I get dissed, and gloated on in the same sentence.

So now, I have no funds for said trip. There is no more trip as far as I'm concerned. My sister in law is trying not to make a big deal out of it (because she says I'll be there this summer, which is true...), but in all honesty I was really needing this trip. I really need the sunshine and warm weather to make it through until May, otherwise I feel like I'm going to explode inside. I need this little hiatus. I need a moment to breathe in that fresh California sunshine and feel the warmth on my skin one more time before I bury myself in more work. I miss it.


[A photo I took in Pacific Beach on my last day in SD this summer]

I'm going to lose it. There's only one way I can make this trip happen, and that's if I borrow the money from my grandma until I get my first paycheck from work. I'm hoping she'll agree to that, otherwise there's no way I can do this. I'll just have to tough it out, and continue being miserable in the cold and snow.

Confession of a College Student: This post served no point other than to erase boredom that's still there, complain, whine, drown in self-pity, and be uninteresting. I don't blame you if you didn't read it.

Peace, ♥ , and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment