Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Design, Summer Music, Summer Makeup, Summer Fashion!

It's midnight here in California, and while I've been trying my hardest to stay away from blogging and focus on getting used to being here, I can't help but come back... What do you think of the new layout? It took about 30 minutes just for me to decide where to even begin. I mean, I did the sunset and palm tree thing for Spring, I've done patterns in the past, and solid colors, so I thought, what's my favorite part of summer? And my answer was BEACH! Or swimming outdoors in a pool. So hence the water and blue :) [I even changed the color of my signature!]

Adding to the summer vibe, I'm going to insert two of my favorite songs for summer right now! Weirdly, they're both in Spanish, but they have great lyrics. They have a great summer vibe to them, and also have wonderful messages! I've been finding lately that Spanish music has great lyrics, with great messages. And all the songs make me want to dance! [Maybe that's why I've been obsessed lately! Who knows!]

The first one is "Quiere Pa' Que Te Quieran" by Dyland & Lenny.
[Title Translation: Love so that you'll be loved.]
The lyrics are all about love and how you have to offer your love in order to be loved.
A great place to see the rough translation of the lyrics is here.



The second song is "Yo No Sé Mañana" by Luis Enrique.
[Title Translation: I don't know of tomorrow.]
This one is about loving who you're with while you're with them, and being happy
with our lives while we have the time to.
I love how he says "I don't know of tomorrow, if we'll be together or if the world will end."
So true.
Lyric translation here.


This one is making me want to go dance salsa. RIGHT NOW.

Now on to summer make up! I've bought a lot of cosmetics lately (inner makeup freak screaming YAY!!!!!!) I'm so excited to play with some colors for summer! Namely this awesome eyeshadow palette from Wet N Wild called "Blue Had Me At Hello" (how cute is that???) It has some awesome Mermaid colors!!! It's adorable. And I bought the typical Bombshell Red Lipstick for the first time ever! Can't wait to try it!!! :) I'll post pics when I do! :D

And lastly, summer fashion. All I have to say is: FLORAL.

I have bought nothing but florals (well except one tribal print) and plain colors for summer and I'm stoked for when I get my room [currently occupied by my brother's best friend until he closes on his home he purchased and moves out in two weeks!] so I can organize all the clothes and accessories I brought with me to wear out and about in this beautiful city! :)

And one last tidbit of information: On top of the four adults and one miniature shnauzer (male) that currently reside in this house, my brother's friend is getting a female pitbull puppy tomorrow. I'll be sure to share her name and some pictures as soon as she arrives! Two puppies! YAY! :D (Also, I think he might be slightly insane for having two dogs, neither spayed nor neutered in the same house...)

That's all for now... stayed tuned for a few more posts, one about a deep subject! Yay!

Peace, ♥ , and happiness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment