Monday, May 30, 2011

We Live In The Same Building, But Got Different Views...

*The title of this post was taken from "Right Above It" By Lil' Wayne featuring Drake.*

I miss Boston. If you've been around here any length of time you know that I usually miss San Diego, so this is really unusual. This is the first time I've been in San Diego and missed Boston. This is not to say that I haven't missed my friends while being here, because that would be a 100% lie. It's rather to say that I have yet to miss the city itself.

Because of this, it was hard for me to figure out why I missed it so much beyond the obvious absence of my friends, or as I like to refer to them, my soul sisters. I thought about it... I don't necessarily miss school because although I do miss being busy, I really enjoy the downtime that I've been able to have. I don't miss having to pay for rides on the T because after a week or two, $1.70 per ride can start to add up. I also don't miss eating at the dining hall on campus or having to share a bathroom with more than one person. (Let me just use the opportunity to say that in roughly a week and a half, I'll have MY OWN bathroom for the summer! Eep!!!!)

After all the thinking I did, I finally realized why it is that I miss Boston. Why I miss the city I spent so long wanting to leave. I miss the proximity. I miss being able to walk along the Esplanade and see the magnificent views. I miss being able to take a stroll down Newbury Street. I miss being able to walk through Kenmore and see the mayhem on the day of a Red Sox game. I miss walking down the street in the sun, enjoying the shade. I miss laying out on the quad in the sunshine listening to Prince Royce and talking crap with the girls. I miss midnight runs to Berry Line and Shaws. I miss going to the movies. I miss trips to CVS. Truth is, I miss a lot of things about Boston, and I think that some of it is due to the fact that we straight up skipped Spring and then the weather headed right towards summer when I left. So in summation, there are plenty of reasons as to why I miss the city I call home when I'm at school. Truthfully, there are plenty of reasons why I miss San Diego when I'm back in Boston, so it's only right that there be some reasons I miss Boston while I'm here.

So as if this post needed to be any longer [which it's going to be, so buckle up!] I'm really missing looking at the skyline, or at least the ones that I saw daily. Here are some photos I found on Tumblr [searching the tagged posts under #boston] that make me yearn for late August and move-in day to come once again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well that's all for now... out of the millions [just kidding, more like 100] photos I have, those are some that make me miss my city the most. Until next time...

Peace, ♥ , and happiness! :)

2 comments:

  1. That store is in one of my favorite parts of the city and so funny when you walk by! They always have clever T Shirts and other Boston goodies :)

    ReplyDelete