Friday, June 24, 2011

In Case You Didn't Know, I Have An Obsession

In case any of you were unaware, I have an obsession with Owl City. I have now for about a year and a half since Fireflies became big. Owl City is a "one man band" so to speak. It consists of Adam Young, who writes, and performs all the songs by himself and goes by the name Owl City.

What I like most about Owl City is probably the lyrics and beats. The songs are always super catchy, always have the most clever puns in them (a la "Dental Care" off the album "Ocean Eyes."), and always have great lyrics with some kind of deeper meaning to them (a la "Meteor Shower" off of "Ocean Eyes" as well.) I just can't help but love it.

Owl City's 3rd major album came out a couple weeks ago, and iTunes offered a free single called "Deer In the Headlights." This is off the album "All Things Bright and Beautiful." I wish I had already bought and listened to the whole album, but truth be told I haven't had the money nor the time. So this song will have to do for now. Here's a screen shot of my iTunes library so you can see the gorgeous album artwork! And enjoy the video embedded below.







I hope you can love them too!

Peace, ♥, and happiness! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting... I never would have found this without you. Thx.

    ReplyDelete