Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Time For Tough Decisions...

Sometimes we have to make hard decisions about our lives. Lately I've been thinking that it's time for me to make one of those hard decisions. The more I think about it, the less I feel inclined to believe that I'm going to get hours at work any time soon since I'm going on week three here and no hours to speak of yet, my paperwork hasn't even been processed. I'm starting to get worried, and I'm not going to wait on them any longer than June 17.

I have to call back in tomorrow to see exactly what's going on with everything and see if I'll be getting hours any time soon. Because I don't know about anything yet, it's time for me to assess my options. I have a few.

1) Start looking for other jobs now. Obviously this is a no-brainer since I have really no other options and no cash to do anything right now. This can and probably will be done in conjunction with other things.

2) Start searching for jobs at home. This isn't really what I want to do, but I have to keep my options open, so it's on the table for the moment.

There's also a third option. Given that my brother's friend (the one who has been living here) recently had the home he was trying to purchase (and was supposed to close on and move into by June 10) was pulled out from underneath him, that means that he and his two dogs are not going anywhere any time soon. This means that I'll be sleeping on the couch for an undetermined amount of time. That's obviously no fun. On top of this, it means that I won't be able to unpack until he leaves. Which could be in September for all I or anyone else knows. That leaves me with the possibility of spending 2.5 more months on this couch with no job. Which would essentially turn me into my brother (from last summer who did not have a job and slept on the couch due to the fact that I had the bedroom) and I just can't be a bum. I won't allow for it to happen.

Which leaves me with my third option (I've already gotten approval from the required people.)

3) Fly to Boston, meet my grandparents there, and live with them for the remainder of the summer. Once there I could try to get a job somewhere near their home, or I could work for my grandfather. I would feel like much less of a burden on people if this is the option I decide on should I not find myself having hours by the end of next week. This would also would have the upside of seeing the girls who live in MA from school and other friends. I would also be able to get my license.

So those are my three options for the moment. Obviously my first choice is to stay here and work at the movie theater. If that doesn't happen I will just have to think long and hard about what needs to be done and what the right decision will end up being for me. I hope I made the right decision in the first place by coming here on the hopes that I had a job at the movie theater. I also hope that if that was the wrong decision, that I will make the right one the second time around.

That's all for now. I'll post updates as soon as I have them! :)

Peace, ♥, and happiness! :)



4 comments:

  1. I hope it works out soon.
    I would choose #3, it sounds like the best choice, if your job there doesn't pan-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, my bloggie friend.

    Sounds like you have a lot to think about--but just think, you're experiencing life. We have to make choices, make mistakes, and learn lessons to become the people we're supposed to be. Maybe this choice will turn into a great life lesson--and an awesome blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hannah! I appreciate the encouragement :) I'll be sure to blog about what I decide as soon as I decide it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for whatever your heart desires! Follow your heart as corny as that many sound.

    ReplyDelete