Thursday, June 9, 2011

Updates! :)

Over the past two days I've done a lot of thinking, a lot of talking to people, and a lot of watching Whale Wars. (So intriguing and exciting!) So now it's time for a few updates as to where my future lies.

I [finally] got to talk to the hiring manager at work, who has been in charge of my fate this whole time. He informed me that I was missing one reference check form and that they were waiting on an email in from the corporate office as to whether or not I was given the green light to be re-hired. I have to bring in that missing paperwork tomorrow, and from there will just have to wait to see when the email comes in. From there I will be put on the schedule according to my availability and when they see fit to put me on it.

I've made the executive decision that if I do not have definitive hours set up by June 17th, that I will make the heartbreaking journey to my grandparents house to work for my grandfather until I can find some real work there. It was definitely a hard decision to make, given that I've put so much into coming here in the first place, namely my time and quite a good deal of money that definitely could have been spent on other things. So I've decided that staying here with no guarantee of work past June 17th is too risky and can't be done.

So there you have it. Other than still just hanging around here being lazy and watching Whale Wars [which I recommend if you enjoy shows like Deadliest Catch and other exciting documentary type reality shows] I've just been doing a lot of thinking. I've now made my decision, and it's time to wait out the movie theater. Hopefully they have some good news for me soon.

Confessions of a College Student: It's hard to make decisions when you don't want to have to choose. It's been hard for me to imagine a summer that doesn't include my brother, sister in law, San Diego, and everything I was hoping for. But in order to be an adult, sometimes you have to accept that conditions will not always be ideal. As a 19-going-on-20 year old, I had to make a decision that meant that my conditions may not be ideal in the end outcome. I had to accept that things may not go my way, and that I needed to make plans for my future. I've made a decision, and I know, in the end, my grandparents will take good care of me and make sure that I have a good summer all the same. *Let's just hope and pray it doesn't have to come to that.*

Peace, ♥, and happiness! :)

1 comment: