Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fa la la la.... Happy New Year?

I absolutely cannot (and refuse) to believe that there are only 3 days left in 2011. I can't even fathom that it's been a year already. It seems like just yesterday we were beginning 2011, and now we're about to begin 2012? Unreal.

The reason for my crazy title on this post was that I didn't want to gloss over Christmas and talking about/asking about how wonderful it was! (So hence the fa la la la, well you know since it was just Christmas, and now it's already almost New Years!) So, Christmas! It was absolutely amazing! I have to say, even though I talked about how I really enjoy receiving on Christmas in my last post, this Christmas was really different for me. I did get some really amazing, expensive things for Christmas (be sure to watch my 'haul' coming soon!) but as much as I love what I received, I loved watching my younger siblings even more. Christmas has become a holiday that is so gift centered that I really find myself not enjoying it as much as I used to. But I don't know, something about watching my little sister open the American Girl she wanted for over a year really re-sparked the Christmas spirit in me.

How was your Christmas? I hope it was absolutely stellar!

Now onto the New Year, and my resolutions! :) I am really looking forward to the new beginnings that a new year offers! 2012 is going to be a bit scary and daunting, but I really am ready for a fresh start. And what better way to start fresh than with some New Year's Resolutions?

1. Eat healthier. -- This is always on my list, but it rarely happens. It's so difficult at school where all they serve is gross, cheesy, artery-clogging foods, but I am more determined than ever to make it work this time.

2. Run more. -- This one is purely because of how good I feel when I do it. No more explanation needed.

3. Don't dwell on the past so much. -- This is another one that I've been working on for a long time, but it's a constant work in progress. It's not easy to let go and move on, but it's something that needs to be done.

4. Spend more time with my friends and focus more on them for a change. -- This past semester has been busy, with all of us running in different directions doing different things, but it's time for me to re-group and focus more of my energy on my group of friends and our group dynamic.

5. Conciously work on being less selfish. -- We're all human here, there is no one that can say that they are not selfish at all, but we can all consistently work on being able to think of others before we think of ourselves, and I think that this is something I need to do.

6. Put more time and energy into my passions. -- Writing on this blog, talking about fashion, making secret YouTube videos I never end up posting, playing around with make up, attempting to be daring, playing around with different styles and trends, these are all things that I absolutely love and enjoy. It's time to really put more of myself into these things, and try to really make myself happy with them. :)

7. Continue Journaling. -- This one is self explanatory, to me. Journaling has helped me so much, and I really want to keep up with writing things out.

8. Save more money. -- With getting off campus for next semester being a goal that my friends and I are really working towards, needing a new computer (eventually), needing to get my iPod repaired, wanting to go to Miami, and visit San Diego again, saving money is going to be key. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to look at strategies, and if anyone has any tips, I would absolutely love to hear them!

9. Make the Dean's List. -- This only happened one time in my entire college career, and I'd really like to do it again! But I want this to be my goal and mission for 2012, to make the Dean's List for both semesters, this coming, and then the Fall semester.

10. And last but not least: Be more courageous. -- I definitely have made a mission to show people that I'm not anyone's pushover, and that I am my own person and I won't be talked down to. This took a lot of courage and I want to push that courage into other arenas. I want to be more courageous with how I dress, what make up looks I try. I want to be fearless.

So those are my resolutions. What are yours? And Happy New Year, look for my upcoming Video Blog on Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment