Tuesday, February 14, 2012

She's Baaaaaaaack! (Or you know, kind of.)

Well, it's been a crazy first 3.5 weeks of the semester, but a break in homework has allowed me to come back and write once again. And since it's Valentine's day, I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on Single Awareness Day.

Valentine's day (also commonly referred to as Single Awareness Day, or Love Day) is overrated. We should be telling everyone in our lives the way we feel about them every day of the year. If we don't, how will they ever know? And furthermore, if the world was to end tomorrow, how would they die knowing they were loved if it was only ever expressed on February 14th? 

I usually buy into commercial holidays, being that I am a conformist (which I am not ashamed to admit.) and a hopeless romantic. Given that information, most people would ask why on Earth I would oppose Valentine's Day. Well, I think it has something to do with what has happened in my life over the last year for sure. Prior to this year, I was an avid advocate of Valentine's day, believing in the power that love has on one day each year. But this year I'm more skeptical. 

So Happy Single Awareness Day.

In other news: New Year's Resolutions are mostly going well. I have been doing well with saving money, not drinking soda, being courageous, journaling, focusing on my friends, and keeping fit. (For the most part.)

I made the Dean's list for the Fall 2011 semester! So to keep that goal alive for the Spring 2012 and Fall 2012 semesters is still something I'm working on! 

What I'm not doing well with is running because it's winter! :( And I'm also not eating as healthy as I could be, but baby steps everyone, baby steps.

Peace, ♥, and happiness! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment